Realising an applied Gaming Eco-system
Advanced digital gaming/gamification technologies
Horizon 2020 ICT-21-2014
Budget: 3 Million Euro
The RAGE project aims at delivering advanced technology and know-how to support EUApplied Games industry build-up and job creation.
To take advantage of the fruitful opportunities of applied games growing industry, the RAGE project will deliver a collection of
self-contained gaming assets that support game studios at developing applied games more efficiently and making them better suited for their purpose. RAGE will make these assets available along with a large volume of high quality knowledge resources through an online portal and social space that will connect research, gaming industries, intermediaries, education providers, policy makers and end-users.
RAGE will help to seize these opportunities and advance industrial leadership and innovation by delivering to Applied Games studios:
- An interoperable set of advanced technology assets tuned to applied gaming,
- Proven practices of using asset-based applied games in various real-world contexts,
- Centralised access to a wide range of applied gaming software modules, services and resources,
- An online social space that facilitates collaboration that underlie progress and innovation,
- Workshops and online training opportunities for both developers and educators,
- Assets-based business cases supporting industry at seizing new opportunities, and
- A business model and launch plan for exploiting RAGE results beyond project´s duration
The gaming technology assets gathered along the project lifecycle will be tested and evaluated by gaming companies integrated in the RAGE consortium. These companies will be creating games that will be empirically validated in real world pilots in 6 different application scenarios representing different markets and target groups for the Applied Games industry. It is expected to reach over 3.000 participants in the RAGE pilots.
Nurogames GmbH is a prominent partner in the RAGE project. With a strong focus on the leisure games market and experience in the eLearning field, Nurogames will contribute to the RAGE project case scenarios and bring the expertise in User-friendly interface design and gaming specifications along the assets’ development to ensure the most suitable project outcome. In addition, Nurogames will collaborate with the other partners in the consortium on the way to the exploitation and dissemination of the project and play an important role in evaluation and validation of RAGE.